Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Yoga at CHOSUN "Hold that Pose"

September 16, 2015
Chosun Taekwondo Academy & Hatha Yoga Center 62 Main St. Warwick NY   www.chosuntkd.com
"Hold That Pose"

I like to tell my yoga students about one of my first yoga classes and the pose that did it for me! Seated on the floor, the instructor asked us to bring our legs together and extend  them forward making a right angle with the torso using our arms for support at our sides.  This common yoga posture is Dandasana or staff pose. At first I thought, "This is easy... after all I have been dancing and exercising all my life..." Well, after a few moments, my ego balloon burst and all I could think of was "when is she going to tell us to stop!" Holding any yoga pose is not easy but a valuable experience. It is here that you confront yourself, train your body and mind to stay present and cultivate compassion and mindfulness. These are the intangibles that with consistent practice we carry forward in our everyday lives.


Join us to find strength in stillness...

Chosun Taekwondo Academy & Hatha Yoga Center
62 Main Street Warwick, NY

Class Schedule:
Tuesdays     9:30 am
Wednesdays     6:30 pm
Saturdays     9:30 am

First Class is Free


$15 per class / $130 for 10 classes

No comments:

Post a Comment