Thursday, January 7, 2016

The Meaning of Indomitable Spirit and How I Apply it in my Life


by Gregory W. Saucedo
Belt Rank Promotion Test Essay
Current Belt Rank: Blue
November 6, 2015

Indomitable spirit is what makes a person unique and gives them the hope, inner strength
and courage to face each day with a positive attitude. It is defined as a spirit that cannot be
subdued or overcome and allows a person to have determination and the confidence to handle the many challenges and obstacles in life. It is the desire to win and not accept failure. Without indomitable spirit, a person is unable to accomplish all the greatness that
Fist Tower: Jeju Island, South Korea
lies within him or her.

As a Taekwondo student, I am learning each day to find the strength and spirit within me.
I feel that within the last year, I have developed into a stronger and more positive person
because I am learning to believe in myself and what I can do. In the Dojang, you are taught to find motivation within you and your peers so that you are inspired to be and do your best at all times. It is that strength which gives you the ability to look at yourself and realize that anything is possible and you should never give up. I take these lessons that I am learning and I make sure that I apply them both at home and in school. In school, I find myself questioning how I will accomplish all the different tasks and at times I feel anxiety about doing really well all the time.
I realize that I can be strong and I can win. I find that spirit within me that says, “ You can do this.”
The discipline of developing and having indomitable spirit will allow you to think things
through very carefully and always have a positive attitude. I know that as long as I continue to have that indomitable spirit, I will become a stronger and more disciplined person at achieving anything I set my mind to.

2 comments: