Saturday, August 29, 2015

Integrity




by Gianna Zappier

age 11

Integrity is how someone lives his or her life. Everyday we face choices that only each of us can answer for ourselves. We decide how we run our own lives, and that defines who we are. It's having a set of values and choosing to do the right thing versus the wrong thing.
Merriam-Webster defines integrity as:'
1. firm adherence to a code of especially moral or artistic values: incorruptibility
2. an unimpaired condition: soundness
3. the quality or state of being complete or undivided: completeness

There are many ways to live a life of integrity; however, being honest in what you say and what you do is a big part of it. Speaking up and sharing your opinion can be difficult because when you share your opinion, you share a part of yourself. You are trusting others to respect your opinion, even if it is different than theirs.
Speaking up against bullying is a way to show integrity. It is the right thing to do though it isn't always the easiest. When someone is a victim of bullying, they feel alone because they feel like no one can stop the bullying. I wouldn't want anyone to feel that. I wouldn't want one of my classmates to feel so alone when I could speak up. It's not easy because speaking against a bully makes you a target. I know I have strong relationships with my family and friends, the other kid might not. By speaking up, I can become a part of that kid's support system.
By living a life with integrity, I hope to become a person of courage, honesty and compassion.

No comments:

Post a Comment