Friday, March 20, 2015

The Meaning of Indomitable Spirit and How I Apply it in my Life

by Rocco Manno
age 9 Blue Belt Essay
Tong Il Jeon Shrine
Indomitable spirit means you have a spirit that is unbeatable, unshakable and invincible. It does not mean you always win, it means you stay positive and you don't let other people discourage you. At Chosun Taekwondo Academy, the instructors teach us how to have an indomitable spirit. They encourage us to do our best and to never give up, even when training is hard. 
In my life I did not always have an indomitable spirit. When I was in 1st and 2nd grade, some boys were bullying me and I had a really hard time controlling my temper and emotions. I was very frustrated and I let them make me angry. It made me so sad that whey were so mean to me. I was beaten. 
Now Taekwondo has helped me to have an indomitable spirit. This year in 3rd grade, a boy in my class was bothering me but I handled it much differently. He cursed at me, hit me and even tried to ruin my art project. I don't like how he treated me but I didn't let his behavior control me. I got my teachers to help me and he had consequences, not me. I didn't let him ruin my day. My teacher even said I was dealing with the situation "maturely." I feel good about how I handled this and I feel strong because I can control myself and stay positive. I have an indomitable spirit!

No comments:

Post a Comment